Kick-Off: 8am PST / 11am EST / 5pm CEST
Program will run for approximately 7 hours, followed by Virtual After Party by Full Tilt Social Club. There will also be performance bursts throughout the day from musicians, DJs, and spoken word artists.
Welcome & Reinventaissance Overview
Meghan Rutigliano (Founder, Globally Curated)
Reinventions in Visual Art and Fashion (Panel)
Future of Travel and Remote Work (Panel)
Funding the Arts
Reinventing Spaces and Places
Oren Goldenberg and Matt Niami (Make Art Work, Detroit) and more TBA
Innovations in the Performing Arts (Panel)
Jackie LaTendresse (Founder, Free Flow Dance – Canada), Kelly Strayhorn Theatre (Pittsburgh, PA), and Heather Dumhoff (Founder and Host, Just Add Heather – CA)
The vibrant international networks of artists, musicians, event producers, community builders and curators have been hit hard by the economic and social chaos brought on by the COVID-19 global pandemic. These groups that contribute so very much to human experience have been left to struggle, to keep themselves and their companies afloat, and have been told to “just figure it out.” And, even when they have a success during the pandemic, some report feeling they have to downplay it for fear of upsetting others who are having harder times.
At Globally Curated, we believe that music, art, performance, live events and cultural experiences add color, texture and meaning to our lives. Throughout 2020, we’ve seen artists use their creativity to triumph over adversity for the sake of art, culture and community by:
- Finding light and self-expression in the “dark winter”
- Creating safe virtual spaces to gather amidst times of societal desperation
- Employing technology to manifest their artistic visions and contribute to their communities and to society as a whole.
Globally Curated is committed to:
- Celebrating the glorious artistic triumphs we’ve seen in 2020 and foresee in 2021
- Providing peer-to-peer forums for artists, curators and community members to share successes and best practices with one another
- Amplifying examples of what we want to see MORE of in the future